Blogging Action Day Poverty is next Wednesday October 15, 2008. I am still doing posts on the 6 different ways to make Blogging Day unforgettable that Easton Ellsworth provided in his Action Blog post. Today the word is Act. Yesterday's post featured organizations that had either a vision for a better world or a dream of ending suffering in this world and were taking actions to make that a reality. Today's post features organizations found under
Supporting Millenium Development Goals "In the Trenches" that are taking political/social action to bring about change.
- JOIN TARGET POVERTY
The issues are complicated, but the facts are simple.
Decisions by world leaders on trade, corporate accountability, aid, HIV and AIDS are seriously threatening the progress of developing countries.
As a result, the poorest people – particularly women – are trapped in poverty by global decisions beyond their control.
Powerful people can end poverty. You can influence them.
Join target poverty and together we can create a real momentum for change.
Target poverty and make your mark.
Global Call To Action Against Poverty
- It is down to each and every one of us to work to end the injustices that cause poverty and inequality in the North and South.
- The last few years have been landmarks in the global fight against poverty. In January 2005, the Global Call to Action against Poverty (GCAP) was launched at the World Social Forum in Porto Alegre and organized three whiteband days, at the G8 (Gleneagles, June), the Millennium Summit (New York, September) and the WTO Ministerial meeting (Hong Kong, December). In 2006, GCAP continued to grow in strength and numbers and millions of people were inspired to take action. 2007 was a vital year for GCAP with further mass mobilisations throughout the year, under the common slogan Stand Up and Speak Out.
- This year, GCAP will continue to mobilise around the world at key moments to demand action to end poverty and inequality.
- Join us now!
- Change.org is an online hub and media network for social issues and collective action.
- Learn about the most urgent causes of our time through our blog network.
- Connect to other people and nonprofits fighting for the causes you're passionate about.
- Take action by joining grassroots campaigns, making personal pledges or fundraising.