Next Sunday is Mother's Day so I have been collecting some do-gooder actions one can take in their Mother's name for all mothers to make their mother's proud.Plan USA says you can make your mother proud this Mother's Day, May 9, by making a Gift of Hope in her honor.
What better way to honor your Mom than with a Gift of Hope that can help protect, nourish and educate children in need?
- In your mother's name this Mother's Day, you can help immunize a child against measles, polio, and tetanus.
- In your mother's name, you can help feed a malnourished child.
- In your mother's name can pay school fees so that girls can go to school and provide a better future for themselves and their families.
Please, order by noon (EDT) on Tuesday May 4th to get your gift card in time for Mother's day. Please allow more time for cards being delivered outside of the continental United States. To order by phone call 1-800-556-7918.
Caryl M. Stern, U.S. Fund for UNICEF recommends UNICEF's innovative new Mother-Baby Packs contain all of the antiretroviral medicines and antibiotics needed to give these babies the chance at life that they deserve. These lifesaving packs will protect a baby from mother-to-child HIV transmission – throughout pregnancy, during labor and after delivery.
It's heartbreaking to know that each day, 1,400 infants are infected with HIV. Tragically, half of them will die before their second birthday.
You can make an Inspired Gift on Mother's Day AND save a baby's life in just a few easy steps:
- Buy a Mother-Baby Pack.
- Create an eCard and dedicate the gift to your mom, wife, sister, aunt, or another special person in your life.
- We'll send the eCard.
- UNICEF will send a Mother-Baby Pack to save a mother and baby in one of five priority African countries where the need is greatest.
After you post your photo to CARE's Wall of Mothers, you can send an e-card of your photo along with a personalized message to your mom or other inspiring women in your life. By doing so, you'll help us spread the word about CARE's lifesaving work around the world. It only takes a minute to honor your mother and help empower another!