Achieving the UN Millennium Development Goals

This blog's purpose is to connect in an every widening and deepening manner with others across the globe in support of the United Nation's Millennium Development Goals.

Let's be the first generation to end poverty by 2015 with the United Nations' Eight Goal Millennium Campaign.
1. End Hunger 2. Universal Education 3. Gender Equity 4. Child Health 5. Maternal Health 6. Combat HIV/AIDS and other diseases 7. Environmental Sustainability 8. Global Partnership.

Learn more about what this weblog is trying to accomplish at the new PBworks Wiki.

What If - Millennium Development Goals Ending Poverty 2015

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Slacktivists take action on "6 Cents Can Save a Child's Life"!

Sphere: Related Content

I will admit to being a Slacktivist. The truth is that running a blog and wiki does not reach the same level of commitment as spending a year in Rwanda at an AIDS clinic.

Now I know that I am not using the word Slacktivist in as negative of a connotation as is usual. I am also convinced, however, that to succeed in these efforts that we need the involvement of the middle class mainstream masses. So we need to appeal to not only the Slacktivists, but the onlookers and even the hockey-moms. The word Slacktivist actually has a wide range of application. From online creation to the the click & play variety. I do both. I just read and clicked the petition: 6 Cents Can Save a Child's Life.

Here is the spiel. All you have to do is click, no big deal for any of us, but if 50,000 plus do it.
-----

Hi, I signed the petition "6 Cents Can Save a Child's Life". I'm asking you to sign this petition to help us reach our goal of 50,000 signatures. I care deeply about this cause, and I hope you will support our efforts.

-----

ThePetitionSite.com is powered by Care2, the largest and most trusted information and action site for people who care to make a difference in their lives and the world. www.care2.com

Millennium Bloggers (more at the Wiki)

Global News Sources

The Other Blog - My Pathways to New Paradigms

Labels